This is the 7th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded December 21, 2009. This episode was hosted by Scott Wright and Tom Eston. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- Tom and Scott talk about the new Facebook privacy settings. Tom released an updated Facebook Privacy & Security Guide as well as a video walkthrough.
- Tom talks about a work around by theharmonyguy to easily view hidden Facebook photo albums. This does not circumvent Facebook privacy settings, it just “unhides” photo albums set to “Everyone”.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s pictures exposed by Facebook privacy roll-back
- Did you know that your Facebook events can be viewed via the API as well?
- Scott’s Security Views Post on theharmonyguy’s battle with Facebook around security assurance for the Facebook platform.
- What are Twitter lists and are there any security concerns with them?
- Scott talks about the recent FTC Endorsement and Testimonial Guidelines for Bloggers, Podcasters and Other Social Media Publishers.
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast in iTunes. Thanks for listening!
Share with your friends!