This is the 11th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded March 15, 2010. Sorry for the delay on releasing this! We should be back on our biweekly schedule soon. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston and Scott Wright. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- Buzz Opens Privacy Pandora’s Box for Google
- How to turn off Google Buzz, or just close some of its privacy loopholes
- Twitter to block malicious links. We think this is a good thing! Hoping Twitter rolls this out to the entire service soon.
- The dark side of geo: PleaseRobMe.com. Gowalla adds a new twist to location based social networking.
- Tom and Scott discuss some of the privacy and security issues with Geolocation services.
- Geostalking shows the privacy issues with location based social networks. You might be setting yourself up for a prank call.
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast in iTunes. Thanks for listening!
Share with your friends!