This is the 12th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded March 28, 2010. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston and Scott Wright. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- Rumor is that Facebook is going to use QR Codes as part of their Geolocation strategy (mentioned by Tom).
- Joan Goodchild from CSO Online interviewed Tom and Scott for an article titled: 10 Security Reasons to Quit Facebook (and one reason to stay on).
- Fake Zynga Toolbars Will Steal Your Facebook Password. Watch out for those “autoplayer” scripts as well, some could be laced with evil code…
- The Majority of US, European users (still) click on Spam.
- Scott’s blog post: Security pros use layered techniques, but so do attackers. How do you address employees using social media sites at work? Blocking access isn’t always the best solution.
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast in iTunes. Thanks for listening!
Share with your friends!