This is the 37th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast sponsored by SecureState and the Streetwise Security Zone. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston, Scott Wright and special guest Kevin Johnson recorded September 19th 2014. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
Special Topic! Managing Your Digital Footprint (thanks to Chris John Riley for the idea!)
- Personal objectives for using social media
- Types of footprints you might have (likes, comments, photos, tags, etc.)
- Ways you can be exposed, and how to find them (Google search, Facebook search, Linkedin Search, etc.)
- Ways to manage exposure going forward
- This site has a good, short set of tips to review: http://krishnade.com/digital-footprint/
LinkedIn address book guessing…
The LinkedIn LION – Are You Exposing Yourself to the Hyenas?
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Thanks for listening!