Podcast Update: The new website for the Shared Security Podcast will hopefully be live for the next episode! We hope you enjoy the new topics and format!
This is the 42nd episode of the Shared Security Podcast sponsored by the Streetwise Security Zone. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston and Scott Wright recorded June 3, 2015. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- Marauder’s Map plugin for Chrome allows geolocation of messenger communications for friends or people in a message thread
- Facebook check-up feature being tested which is a new tool that might help users understand and select privacy settings that make sense to them
- How social networks make it easy for adopted children to find their birth parents, not always with desirable or expected results. The focus is on a young girl who grew up believing her birth mother was like a Disney princess, and understandably wanted to connect with her. This story shows it isn’t always a good decision, and highlights the need for honesty with young adopted children regarding their past.
- Risky mobile apps that parents need to know about.
- How new smart key fobs are making it easy for thieves to break into cars with a $17 gadget you can buy online. Some people are starting to put their key fobs in the freezer to shield them from the radio signals used by thieves.
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] sharedsecurity.net or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. Thanks for listening!