This is the 5th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded November 20, 2009. This episode was hosted by Scott Wright and Tom Eston. Kevin Johnson will be joining us for the next podcast. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- Tom gives an overview of the OWASP AppSec DC conference.
- Koobface now using Google Reader for links. Very good paper on how Koobface works.
- Google Launches Privacy Dashboard.
- Google Wave Gadget to Make Your Friends Logout.
- Google’s ChromeOS. What is it and how does this relate to social media use?
- Foursquare. What is it and are there any security/privacy concerns? Search Twitter for others using Foursquare. Import your contacts, social network friends. The Google contact import method is not secure (screenshot).
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast in iTunes! Thanks for listening!